How do I delete Jira team created by default?

Florien January 23, 2020

I created an own Atlassian profile for Jira before our Jira team owner invited me to our Jira team. The system created an own team for me by the account creation (that the URL of which has the form team-#######.atlassian.net).

Now that I joined the real Jira team of our group, I'd like to get rid of that unused default team, though I can't find where to do that.

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Florien - If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to delete your Atlassian Cloud site xxxxx.atlassian.net, along with all its data.

If so, you can cancel your subscription by following the steps outlined here. Once you've done that, the data will be removed 15 days later (if you're on a trial) or 60 days later (if you're on a paid subscription). You can find more information on data retention at the Data storage FAQ.

Hope that helps!

Florien January 24, 2020

This is exaclty what I was looking for, thank you!

I was just not sure if cancelling a subscription wouldn't have affected my whole profile instead.

Also, it might be a reasonable feature to ask - after having newly created a profile - if the user would like an own site to be created, since (as in my case) their intent might only be to join an existing team.

Bests,
florian

Suggest an answer