How do I create my team members as group using Jira query and passing the input to the other query?

Anas Badhusha October 24, 2018

Hello Team,

I am having ~15 members in my team, when ever I writes the query I used to copy all team members name in different queries like

project =SAMPLE AND (assignee in (user1, user2,user3...User15)

when my team members changes I keep on changing the user name. It would be better If i have the query like "My team members" as one query which are having 15 names and passing the input other filters like

project =SAMPLE AND (assignee in (My team members) ...

Is it possible to have such query?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

Hello,

You could create a group for these users and filter users by this group in this JQL query:

assignee in membersOf("your group")

For me I don't have specific group name. I need jira query to write team members group

Like Jing Chen likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2018

You can create a group and add there yourself and your team members.

Like 江長志 likes this

Where do I need to create a group. I dont have such option in my jira page.

test.jpg

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2018

You are not a Jira administrator. Only Jira Administrators can create groups and include users to these groups.

Is there any other way to handle this using private jira query?

Please advise that how do I manage using Jira queries

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2018

I can not think of another way.

Matt Ward October 15, 2019

You can create and save a filter called "Assigned to My Team" where the filter is just assignee in (user1, user2,user3...User15).

Then whenever you need to use that as part of another JQL query, you can just add it with filter = "Assigned to My Team" or whatever the filter id number is to keep it short, e.g. project=CC AND filter=1234 AND status != Done

Like # people like this
Anas Badhusha November 5, 2019

Thank you @Matt Ward . Its working

David Knapik July 9, 2020

This is a pretty sweet workaround, Matt. Very cool, thanks! It helped me out today.

Wuji Chen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2023

@Matt Ward Thank you, the best method I've seen after loooooong search.

Suggest an answer