How do I create components in a new project?

Cora Kuruoglu July 9, 2019

I have created a new project, and the components option is not listed. Whereas in an old project, the component option is listed but is not allowing me to add to existing issues? I want to use components to attach clients to items. I have used a different JIRA interface in the past. This one seems more challenging.

2 answers

2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2019

Hello,

It means that you are on Jira Cloud and you created a next-gen project. You should create a classic project.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2019

Hello @Cora Kuruoglu 

Welcome to the community.

In order to add new components to Jira project which can then be selected on the project's issues you need to add component in project admin section and thus need to have project admin rights which are different from jira system admin rights.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-enable-and-edit-component-s-affects-version-s-and-fix-version-s-field-711361820.html

Suggest an answer