How do I create a quick filter that will change the baseline end date of all epics at once?

Stephanie Johnson April 12, 2023

I want to change all the epics on my board to FY24 is there a way to do that using a filter or something else?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi, @Stephanie Johnson . A filter is a saved search, so a filter on its own isn't going to be able to change your tickets; all it does is display the tickets that match your search criteria.

What you can do is search for all of the tickets you want to change, then (if you have permissions, which since I see your a site admin I assume you do) use the bulk edit function to change the End Date field on those tickets.

Your search would look something like this:

project = XYZ and issuetype = Epic and status != Done

Replace XYZ with your project name and Done with your final status (unless you want to update the dates on tickets that are already complete.)

Once you've clicked Search and see your tickets, click the three dots menu and choose Bulk Change.

2023-04-12 16_50_26-Mouse Highlight Overlay.png

Go through the bulk change wizard; the first step is confirming your issues:

2023-04-12 16_51_03-Mouse Highlight Overlay.png

Then choose which action to take: Edit Issues.

2023-04-12 16_51_21-Mouse Highlight Overlay.png

On the next screen, scroll until you find the date field your project uses. In my example, it's Due date, but you may have an End Date or some other custom field. Check the box next to the field, and choose the date to apply to all tickets.

2023-04-12 16_52_05-Mouse Highlight Overlay.png

Then scroll all the way to the bottom, click Next, and click through the confirmation screens. Depending on how many tickets you're editing, you may get a progress bar showing you percent complete. Once all tickets have been updated, the screen will update with an Acknowledge button; click that and it will take you back to your original search.

Stephanie Johnson April 12, 2023

Esther Strom thank you so much this worked I truly appreciate it! :)  This was my first time asking a question here I'm impressed and now know where to go.  Have a wonderful evening! 

Like Esther Strom likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events