How do I create a non-software project?

Jai Mayers July 6, 2021

Hi All,

(This is my second question - I thought it might be clearer to ask the two questions separately).

I just created a free Jira account for my wife and I to use for tracking things at home. Every time I create a project, the only options I seem to have are to name the project and to choose Kanban, Scrum, etc - there's no category option listed.

However, apparently the category defaults to Software. When I try to change it, Jira tells me to create a new, non-software project and move all of my issues into it, but then I have the same problem - no way to specify a category (e.g. Non-Software).

Any suggestions as to what I might be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Jai

1 answer

3 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Jai Mayers welcome to the Atlassian community.

Congratulations on setting up your first Jira instance. If you wish to use Jira for non-software related activities, you can do so by following the below steps:

Login as a Jira admin>> Click on Create project>> On the left explorer side you will find many project templates >> Choose work management or Personal and click to see the available templates>> choose one of your choice to get started.

Screenshot inline for your reference

work management.png

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders