How do I connect Jira server to jira cloud

Carl Edwards June 6, 2019

I want to run both Jira Server on my laptop and a version of Jira cloud.  How can I sync them

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Riddhi Shah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2019

Hello @Carl Edwards ,

As @Brant Schroederand @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_  rightly said that you have a classical use case of an issue synchronization.

I'm Riddhi from the Exalate team, Exalate is a live sync tool.

Exalate was made for a use case like the one you're describing. It allows syncing information bi- and uni-directionally between multiple Jira instances. Or separate projects in your local Jira.

It's mega flexible, you can sync all types of information, including comments, attachments and custom fields. You can control what to sync and what not, and much more ....

It can also cater to your situation of dealing in a private to public sync, You can find out more about it here.

1.png

By the way, It might also be useful to set up a live video discussion. Then we can demonstrate how Exalate would get set up for your use case

Would that be valuable to you? You can book a suitable slot here.

Cheers,

Riddhi

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

You can link (connect) the two instances this way - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/link-to-server-products-from-cloud-744721656.html

In order to keep they synced you would need to use an app like issue sync or configuration manager from the Atlassian Marketplace.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

As @Brant Schroeder said, an issue synchronization app can help you here. They will take care of the issues. I'm biased in recommending you one because I work for the Backbone Issue Sync team :)

If you need sth. to keep the project configuration in sync, you could have a look at Botron's configuration manager, but I'm not sure how well the app works with Jira Cloud.

3 votes
Łukasz Krupa August 28, 2019

Hi @Carl Edwards

(I am IssueSYNC Product Owner)

You can also use existing solution to synchronize multiple Jira instances like IssueSYNC. Mind that this is for data/tickets/project synchronization only. If you need configuration synchronization as well the easiest way is to restore Jira from xml backup.

Cheers,
Łukasz

Suggest an answer