How do I configure the "notification scheme"? Doesn't let me create a new one so it uses default

billbelei April 20, 2021

Right now my project is set to send notifications to "default notification scheme."  It wouldn't let me edit the default so I assumed I needed to create a new scheme and associate the project's notifications to that scheme.  I found a settings button that had a "use a different scheme" choice and

jira1.png

when I click on that I'm taken to a screen that asks me to a Associate Notification Scheme to Project yet doesn't seem to offer any way to create one so I can then associate my settings to that.

What I'm doing shouldn't be hard ... just trying to configure where alert emails are sent to when a new issue is submitted/added to that project's kanban board.  Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

To create a notification scheme you must go to Settings (the gear icon next to your avatar) and select Issues. This will give you a new screen, and in the left hand navigation pane you should find an entry for Notification Schemes. Click that.

For additional information, refer to the Atlassian documentation here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events