How do I change the date format?

Ulrik Långström September 24, 2014

In various lists et cetera, I want it displayed as 2014-09-15 .

2014-09-25-15-10-30.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014
Ulrik Långström September 24, 2014

Why would I need administrator priviliges to edit a user setting? Or is it a user setting? In the documentation it looks suspiciously like a system-wide setting; though I can test it since I'm not an administrator,

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2014

There are system wide settings, so the majority of your users hopefully will have the correct datetime format.

Ulrik Långström September 28, 2014

Well, that's awful. At least I know it's not possible.

Like Ted Åkerlund likes this
0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

Hi ULrik,

you should go to the System option in JIRA Admin, then click on  Advance option from there you should be able to change the Date format. Jira.date.time.picker.java.format

cheers.

Tousif shaikh.

Suggest an answer