How do I change or add context fields to issues in a company managed project?

Peter Johnson June 21, 2022

I want to be able to edit the names of the context fields and or add new fields to issues in a project. I have gone to Configure then issues but can't see anywhere I can add new, delete any I don't want or just change the name of some of the existing fields. Jira.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hi Peter,

It worth mentioning that according to your image you are using a team-managed project and not a company-managed one.

Team-managed projects do not use the global custom fields.  Their local fields are implemented totally differently and are not the same thing as the global custom fields.

The Team-managed project fields are independent of the global custom fields. Due to this, you will need to create the custom fields again in the team managed project. The steps for the same are documented here.

Please accept the answer if this helps solve your query else respond and allow others to share input.

Best regards,

Carlos

Thanks a lot for this. I see in the documentation it mentions Project settings > Issue types.

When I click on project settings I don't see Issue types as an option, is there something I am missing?

Issues.PNG

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Hi Peter,

Project administrators can only change workflows and screens. It is not possible for a project administrator to change issue types. 

Could you please confirm if you are only a project administrator or a jira administrator in the instance?

Cheers,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I am just a project administrator and not a jira administrator so I guess that is the problem here. Thanks for your help

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Awesome, Peter!

Always happy to help! If the answer helped you, please accept it so people in the future will know what is the answer for this problem.

Best regards,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events