How do I change Watch Options so that users (don't have admin role) can add other watchers?

Deanne Wilson January 22, 2021

How do I change permission levels for the Watch Options so that users who do not have the admin role can add other watchers to Jira Cloud tickets.

Currently, they can only add themselves via Start watching 

watch option2.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Deanne Wilson 

You should be able to see that in the project permissions. There is a setting for who can manage watchers in there where you can set the allowable humans to manage watchers.

Thank you, @Mike Rathwell . Are you able to help me find where to change Group Roles? I found the area in the Projects/Development/Project settings and see the groups but don't know how to change them.

watched permissions.png

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Ok... THAT one should be in a section called "Users and Roles" (going by what is in my hosted environment but Cloudy isn't THAT different). That would be how you set a permission by project role. Alternatively, you can set a permission by a user group (or add the group to a role and then add the role to a permission).

Part of the fun of Jira is that there are so many ways to set a permission ;)

Thank you so much @Mike Rathwell . I really appreciate the quick replies. I think I'm getting confused and have uncertainty because there are so many places to look to set permissions & I'm not sure which one to look at. This information has been helpful. 

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2021

Glad I could help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events