How do I can add robousers (non-user accounts for automation)

Andrey Primorskiy May 20, 2022

Hello,

We have Jira Cloud connected to Google Workspace as a source of users (via Atlassian Access). However, we also need to create accounts for automation (we used to use it on a local instance we currently migrate from).

So, can we create such robousers somehow? Or our only way to change all code and use application access?

Thank you for any advice.

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

On Jira cloud you will need a license user if you want to use it as an automated bot user. There's nothing like a service user account which are not billed or licensed. So start first by creating a license user account which you can then use as an automated user account in your codes or integration.

Andrey Primorskiy May 23, 2022

Thank you for your answer. Could you please also navigate me where can I create that "a license user account". Not a problem to pay for 1, 10 or 50 additional accounts, but I just can't find a page where I can create them. Can I use miltiple sources of users (Google Workspace and local, for instance)?

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Simply navigate to your admin hub https://admin.atlassian.com and select the organization you want this user to be in (i.e if you have multiple organizations) then invite a user that you want to use as an automated user. See details here

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2022

Depending on what the user is intended for, you can either use one that would connect to multiple integration or use one user per each integration you want to connect to.

Andrey Primorskiy May 23, 2022

Yeah, I tried it, but due to the fact there is no such user in Google Workspace, I see error "Couldn't find your Google account" while clicking invite link.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events