How do I best create multiple subtasks?

Calum Ewing June 4, 2019

When I was using Jira at work, I was able to create a Sub-Task and click the 'Create Another' checkbox, which brought the assignee and story link through to a new Sub-Task, making it easier and quicker to create several Sub-Tasks under one Story.

Now I'm using Jira for my own business, and I don't seem to be able to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Calum

3 answers

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

You don't indicate whether you're using the Server or Cloud version, but in Server (7.12.1) there is such a checkbox. Perhaps you're running Cloud.

jira.jpg

Calum Ewing June 5, 2019

Thanks Payne - Yes you're right, I'm in the Cloud. The above screenshot you've posted is exactly the functionality I'm looking for. Is this only on the server?

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2019

Just search the Marketplace for addons.
Some are free to use, some not.

You have to evaluate which Features the have and which you really Need (i.e. if you also want to assign the new issue automatically)

I, personally, use the addon "Automation for jira" for this.

0 votes
Deleted user June 4, 2019

Hi @Calum Ewing

You can achieve this functionality by using a third-party app Create on Transition for JIRA. To achieve this when story issue transitions from one status to another status during this operation you will be able to create multiple sub-tasks by adding a post-function.

For more information please go through the documentation page. This app is available for Server and Data Center only.

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Gangavath.

Calum Ewing June 5, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to answer, Krishore. It's not quite what I'm looking for.

If you see Payne's response below, this is the functionality I'm looking for in the Cloud.

Thanks,

Calum

Calum Ewing June 5, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to answer, Kishore. I'm actually looking to replicate the functionality Payne has posted below, but in the Cloud. Do you know if this is possible without Apps?

Suggest an answer