How do I automate a workflow transition upon fix version release in another project?

Deleted user July 16, 2021

Context: Currently, when a bug issue type is moved to "Ready for Development" in Project A, I have an automation that creates a clone in Project B where the bug moves through that workflow until it is resolved. In Project B, it'll be assigned a Fix Version, and eventually that Fix Version goes from Unreleased to Released. 

How can I set up an automation to close the feedback loop to Project A and close out the original ticket? I.e. how do I set up the following:

Trigger: Issue in Project B changes to Fix Version = Released

Action: Automatically transition an Issue in Project A through workflow (condition: only transition if linked to trigger issue as "clone" and if that clone is in Project A) 

1 answer

0 votes
Joy Chiu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

You can use "branch" to achieve your task. Here is the reference for you: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-rule-branching/

Deleted user July 26, 2021

Hi @Joy Chiu  , thanks for the input. I've been able to set up the intended result using the Branch function, but the "Version Released" trigger is still causing me problems and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can you please advise? See screenshot for error message. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 2.24.14 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events