How do I assign an issue to multiple fix versions in Greenhopper?

Sean O' Connor September 3, 2012

In the Greenhopper classic planning board I'd like to assign an issue to multiple fix versions.e.g. 5.0 + 5.1

How can I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2012

Hello Pharos,

You can setup a version hierarchy for the classic boards, as per the following article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Setting+Up+a+Version+Hierarchy

However, if the versions should be independent of each other, then you'll not be able to add it using the classic boards. :(

Cheers!

Sean O' Connor September 4, 2012

Hi Arthur. I want to assign the issue to two fix versions that are independent which would not seem to be unreasonable but it sounds like I cannot. Thanks for your reply.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Or edit the issue in JIRA and select multiple Fix Versions.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Burndown charts created during Sprint release will get affected by this as it is logically incorrect to have two fixVersions for the same issue.

Sean O' Connor September 5, 2012

Yeah Greenhopper classic is logically incorrect as it combines Sprint and Fix version into one field - but it is also more flexible as it allows me to create Tech debt as it's own backlog bucket that I can then pull issues from when planning the next sprint. Can't do that with a Rapid planning board.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2012

Sure you can, just label those issues then use a quickfilter to find them and drag them in to sprints in the future.

Cheers,
Shaun

Sean O' Connor September 20, 2012

Shaun - I can create a Tech debt label in Greenhopper classic but the Context filter in the Agile views is very sluggish with our dataset. Are the quickfilter in V6 better?

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2012

Pharos: Definitely, the new boards are much snappier than all of the classic boards, particularly with filters.

Suggest an answer