How do I add multiple boards to a particular project?

Vaishali May 12, 2021

While creating a new board, i am not getting list of existing projects from Jira to link with the new board. Kindly suggest. The current project shown below is the new Project. I need to see and attach the existing running project.

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Are your projects Team Managed or Company Managed projects?

Vaishali May 12, 2021

The projects are created as Team Managed. Is this because of this setting?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Yes. Only Company Managed projects will be listed.

You could, potentially, create a saved filter for your Team Managed project and then create another agile board based on the saved filter. However, that board might not look like or behave like the default board that created originally with the Team Managed project.

I work with Company Managed projects exclusively, but create Team Managed projects for experimentation and to help answer questions in this community. I am not an expert on all the differences with Team Managed project compared to Company Managed projects. But I am fairly certain that there is not full support for creating multiple boards for Team Managed projects.

Like Bruna Bozzetto Closs likes this
Vaishali May 12, 2021

Thank you so much for your help on this.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

Well done @Trudy Claspill  - hadn't thought of the team-managed projects in this case 👍

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

Hi @Vaishali,

I am not sure about the steps you took to get to this point, but maybe it is a temporary glitch in your instance. I tried to simulate the process in a test instance and I get the full list of projects to choose from by following these steps:

• Navigate to all boards (as you apparently did on your screenshot)
  • Hit the Create Board button
  • Then select Create scrum / kanban board
  • Select Board from an existing project

Then, in the next step, I am able to select from the list of all projects.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events