How do I add capacity planning to my team's scrum board? How will I see it and use it?

Stephanie Johnson May 17, 2023

I need to learn how to set up capacity planning for my scrum teams in our Jira board.  I also need to understand how to use it so that I can explain it to my team.  I want to start to use it as a way to track their capacity, but I need to understand it first then see if I can use it for the team.  Currently we use excel I'm tasked with tracking it in Jira. Can anyone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hello @Stephanie Johnson 

You can find high level information about using Capacity in this page:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/advanced-roadmaps/overview#what-is-capacity-in-advanced-roadmaps

That includes a link to this documentation which goes into more detail.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-capacity-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Stephanie Johnson May 19, 2023

@Trudy Claspill Thank you for the links but when I perform all the suggested updates one I still don't see what they say I should and two I'm still not clear on how to use capacity planning for my team.  

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

I'm not very familiar with the capacity planning feature, but if you tell us specifically what is missing that you think you should see I can try to help you figure it out.

Stephanie Johnson June 5, 2023

@Trudy Claspill 

I need a step-by-step video that will show me how to set the capacity planning feature up.  We do have advanced roadmaps..  I just can't seem to put the steps together to see the capacity planning as shown is some of the pictures. 

Stephanie Johnson June 7, 2023

Hello still trying to find out if there is a step-by-step video that will help me set up capacity planning in my Jira scrum board? @Trudy Claspill 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

I don't use Advanced Roadmaps, so I don't specifically know of a step by step guide.

However an internet search for "jira cloud capacity planning video" included this YouTube video in the results. Perhaps that will help you. There were several other items in the results list that might also be helpful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events