How do I add an avatar to my Jira profile?

Martin Tomkins April 3, 2018

Another user I work with has an avatar on their profile. How do I add an avatar to my profile? I did ask them but they cannot remember.

4 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

hi @Martin Tomkins,

I usually follow below steps. Hope it helps you too. 

1. Click profile icon available right top corner of the header bar

1.png

2. Click Profile

3. Click on your profile

2.png

4. Choose your preferred avatar and save. 

Nayan Majee April 25, 2021

I am not getting an option to change the profile picture. There are no existing avatar window to select from.ChangeProfilePicture.PNG

Like david_montgomery likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

According to your above comment. you are trying to edit the avatar of Atlassian  profile. 

In this case, follow below steps,

1. Click on Edit profile button. ( you will be navigate in to profile page)

2. Click on avatar 

3.png

3. Click Edit in Atlassian account link ( you will be redirect in to Atlassian account page)

4. Click Change avatar link 

4.png

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

@Martin Tomkins was this help? :-)

0 votes

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query. I do not see the same as you. When I click the profile icon it takes me to the viewprofilepage (see attached).JIRA Profile.pngThe only buttons I see are Edit Profile and Adjust Notifications. When I click Edit Profile it takes me to my notifications settings.

0 votes

The only option I see is to upload an image but I've seen mentions of being able to select an existing avatar, I just cannot find that option.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

May I ask you which profile you are referring here? 

is it the community profile? JIRA/Confluence or other? 

Like jschweitzer likes this

It is the JIRA one.

Suggest an answer