How do I add a custom subtask I created to a project?

Ty Root August 10, 2022

I want to add an additional subtask selection when creating child issues for various stories. For example, some subtasks are related to development, others are related to the design team. I have successfully created the new subtask (see image below), but when I try and add it to parent issue, I still only get the default subtask option. How do I add the new Subtask Issue I created so it appears on ALL projects? I've been losing my mind here.  

subtask1.PNGsubtask2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Ty Root , Welcome to the community. It sounds like your next step needs to be adding it to the correct Issue Type Scheme.

Settings -> Issues -> Issue Type Schemes

Your subtask should already be a part of the Default Issue Type Scheme, however, you will need to add it to the Issue Type Schemes for your projects.

cheers -dewitt

Ty Root August 10, 2022

Thank you, Peter. 

I did find that section, and I added it to all default schemes. Shouldn't that make it work for any new project I create? And current ones?

Also, another weird thing I noticed is that one of my projects is MISSING in the scheme view, which I thought was weird. Regardless, even when I add the new subtask to ALL schemes, I still can't seem to see where I am able to select it to make a new child issue for various stories, bugs, etc. 

subtask3.PNGsubtask4.PNG

Ty Root August 10, 2022

Oh wait, I see it now on a Company Wide Project - but I can't seem to add it to a Team-Based Project, is that the issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Yes, team-managed projects don't use schemes for their configuration.

Also, they only support one sub-task type at the moment, called "sub-task"

Like Peter DeWitt likes this
Ty Root August 10, 2022

Thank you so much for confirming! @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

@Ty Root , that was going to be my next question but you already identified it. Thanks Nic for confirming so fast!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events