Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I add a Roadmap to a Business Project in Jira Cloud

I have been asked to add a Roadmap to a company-managed business-project in Jira Cloud, but I cannot find where to do this.  All the options I have looked through suggested by Google/Atlassian dont seem to find it there i.e. Board Settings, Features etc. Not sure what I am missing or does this project need to be changed/deleted and started as a new one/type? Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 01, 2022

Hi Wendi,

Business projects (i.e. Jira Work Management projects) use the feature called Timeline instead of Roadmap. You should be able to see that on the left side menu of the project. 

I totally missed that.  Great point John!  The Timeline will give you a Jira Software's "Roadmap" functionality in a business project.  

Like John M Funk likes this

Hi,

Are you referring to a basic roadmap?  If so, I do believe those are limited to only Jira Software Development project types.  If you want the basic roadmap, you will most likely need to create a new project.

With that said, if you are on Jira premium, you can create an advanced roadmap and there, you can bring in your business project and view the roadmap there.  

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,695 views 37 47
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you