How do I add a Roadmap to a Business Project in Jira Cloud

Wendi Good May 31, 2022

I have been asked to add a Roadmap to a company-managed business-project in Jira Cloud, but I cannot find where to do this.  All the options I have looked through suggested by Google/Atlassian dont seem to find it there i.e. Board Settings, Features etc. Not sure what I am missing or does this project need to be changed/deleted and started as a new one/type? Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hi Wendi,

Business projects (i.e. Jira Work Management projects) use the feature called Timeline instead of Roadmap. You should be able to see that on the left side menu of the project. 

Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

I totally missed that.  Great point John!  The Timeline will give you a Jira Software's "Roadmap" functionality in a business project.  

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi,

Are you referring to a basic roadmap?  If so, I do believe those are limited to only Jira Software Development project types.  If you want the basic roadmap, you will most likely need to create a new project.

With that said, if you are on Jira premium, you can create an advanced roadmap and there, you can bring in your business project and view the roadmap there.  

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events