How do I access and extract user logs denoting when Jira Cloud user logs on?

Emerico Vespucci April 6, 2023

I am attempting to find a mechanism in which to produce a list of the log on activities of all our users. 

We were able to do this in datacenter and server but I cannot locate a process for cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Riley Venable April 6, 2023

To produce a list of the log on activities of all your users in Atlassian cloud, you can use the Audit log feature in admin.atlassian.com. Here are the steps:

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com and select your organization.

2. Select Security > Audit log.

3. In the text field, enter the exact search term for the activities you want to track, such as log on.

4. Specify the date range for the activities you want to see.

5. Click Apply to search.

6. You'll see a table of activities, organized by date, time, and actor.

7. To narrow your search to a specific user or group, enter their name or email address in the search field.

8. To export the audit log, follow the steps described in the Atlassian support article "Track organization activities from the audit log" under Export the audit log. Note that you need to be an organization admin to access the Audit log feature.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Note that the Audit Log is an Atlassian Access feature. You must have a subscription to Atlassian Access for the Audit Log to be available.

Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill , 

I think that you just need Org Admin rights. I do not have Atlassian access but I can found and use this Audit log 

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 10.44.22.png

Emerico Vespucci April 7, 2023

Hello. Thank you for your prompt response. Do you know what the difference is between "Logged in as user" and "Logged into to account" 

We have about 9k users and when I select the Logged in as user activity "Within the last 90 days" 8 activities are returned, which is WRONG. We have 9k users and average 4k users logging in per day.

Logged in as user.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

@Magdalena Zhisheva 

My statement was based on seeing this in my Organization where I have only Free subscriptions to Jira and Confluence.Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 9.02.31 AM.png

Emerico Vespucci April 7, 2023

Yes, we have full licensed versions of Jira SaaS and Atlassian Access. The instructions and approach are fine. I just changed the activity to reference "Logged into to account" and the results seem to be correct. I will need to confirm the difference with Atlassian. Thanks for assistance. Have nice weekend.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events