How disable subtask create form from asking required fields in task create form?

Anthony Hoang April 23, 2019

Hello,

I created a separate subtask screen with different fields than the create task form. On my task create form I have the field A as a required field. And, in my subtask create form, I have field B which is not required. However, when I submit the subtask form, it wouldn't let me because I need to fill in the required field A which is associated the task form. How can I make the subtask create form not to call for field A?

Thanks,
Anthony

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

Hi Anthony,

How did you create a task without field A being populated if it is required?

I would imagine that what is happening is that the task form is being updated with the link to the Sub-task issue but it can't update because there is a required field. 

But that shouldn't be an issue if the task form requires field A to populated. You might want to run a query that shows all of the tasks that have an empty field A to prevent any further problems for old issues.

Anthony Hoang April 23, 2019

Hi John,

Thank you for your help.

I was able to figured out the solution. I had to create different field configuration schemes, 1 for task and 1 subtask, and then associate them separately. 

Thanks,
Anthony

Renae Dahiya February 20, 2020

Hi Anthony,

I need to do the same thing you did. I've created 2 field configuration schemes, but when I create a sub-task it fails. Can you add more detail about what you did and when you said you associate them separately, what exactly did you do?

Like Andrews likes this

Suggest an answer