How could I to define the four-layer structure level in the project?

yundong.li April 30, 2021

I see that Jira Software only has levels of Epic, Story/Issue and Sub-task. but I need four levels in my subject. So how could I do for this?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Hi, @yundong.li. As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- says you'll need an app for that. However, I am pretty sure Advanced Roadmaps (from Atlassian) is not available for Jira Server.

So, you'll need an app from the Atlassian Marketplace. 

@Anna-BigPicture is right, too.  BigPicture is one of the apps that added the capability to Jira. But there are others you may wish to consider (including my company's product, Structure for Jira). 

To find the solution that's right for you may want to try this marketplace search: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/jira/top-rated?category=Project%20management&hosting=server&query=levels

That search zeros-in on what you are trying to do pretty well -- though not perfectly.

Best of luck to you,

-dave 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Yes, sorry about that, I forget it's limited now.

I spend most of my time on systems that already had it before the licencing changes, DC (where it's part of the package now) or Cloud, where you get it if you are a premium subscriber.

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Hi @yundong.li,

Although @Dave Rosenlund is 100% accurate in saying that Advanced Roadmaps is no longer available for Jira Server, I'm always concerned that people often think of J"ira Server" to mean "self hosted Jira on-premise".... so Advanced Roadmaps is still available as an on-premise offering as it is now bundled with Jira Data Center. So upgrading to Data Center is always an option to consider alongside selecting an application from the Marketplace - both are equally valid options.

It's a minor point but worth making in case you weren't aware of the nuance.

Regards,

Dave 

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

You'll need an app to do that.

Advanced Roadmaps can add layers above Epic, themes and initiatives.  Jira Align goes further, allowing you to go right the way up to the very top layer of scaled agile frameworks.  3rd party apps like Big Picture can also help with higher layers.

If, however, you want to mess within Epic/Issue/sub-task, look to the Structure app.  It does not truly change the Epic/Issue/Sub-task hierarchy under the hood, but it does a very good job of making it look like there are more layers for your people.

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2021

Hi @yundong.li

In BigPicture/BigGantt, you can automatically create a no-limited number of WBS levels. Task Structure can be created based on both build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) as well as Jira links.

image - 2021-04-30T140833.339.png

Let me know if you have further questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events