Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can you identify what version of log4j your server is running?

What command(s) can you execute on the the server that will locate the version of log4j your instance of Jira is running? 

3 answers

I'm investigating whether our JIRA instance is affected by any abnormal Log4Shell (Log4j) activity. We did a recent test upgrade from JIRA Core (server) 6.2.6 to 6.4.6 during which the file checker reported the usual modified and added files, and the list looks ok... and when I do a search in the Install directory, I only find 3 files: log4j.properties, log4jkit.class, and Log4jWarnEvaluator.class all have timestamp of 6/2/2015, so look to not have been modified. I'm thinking we have Version 1 of Log4j.

Hi @shane-nz 

To check the log4j version of the server you can use:

sudo find / -name 'log4j*'

I hope it will help you
Regards

0 votes
skavatekar Atlassian Team Dec 13, 2021

Check the file under <Installation_Dir>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/ folder for log4j*.jar

Hi @skavatekar , There is only one file matching your criteria on the location mentioned  by you and  that is log4j2-stacktrace-origins-2.2-atlassian-2.jar

What is the base log4j jar used by this jar?

Check the file under <Installation_Dir>/lib

You should find log4j-1.2.17-atlassian-3.jar

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

572 views 21 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you