How can you export a JIRA filter in csv and specify the column order?

kslott April 24, 2019

I have a number of filters created for our various projects.  I do an export of the backlog or active sprints for our client.  My only option is to export the current fields to a csv file and then save it as an excel file.  The column order when exported to csv is not the order in which I want the final report to appear.  Is there any way to specify the order for the export?

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Hi Kate - Welcome to the Community!

Are they not displaying in the CSV in the same order they are in for your filter?

kslott April 24, 2019

No they are not.

kslott April 24, 2019

No they are not displaying in the csv in the same order as the filter.

Antonio Acampora September 3, 2019

Any news about that issue? I've the same problem...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

Hey @kslott @Antonio Acampora  - can you provide a little more information or an example screenshot? For example, the field shows the order of fields A, B, C, D but when you export they appear as A, B, D, E, C, etc. 

1) I select a list of tickets with a previous saved filter 

image.png

2) export to csv "current fields"
image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2019

And then what does the order look like when you open it in Excel?

3) csv in MS Excel :
please note a new field "ID ticket" not present in the filter...

image.png

sorry... please note the Excel snapshot : there is a field "ID Ticket" between "Chiave di ticket" and "ID Padre" that I've not selected in the filter... That is the problem...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2019

Best we can tell is that it is there to assist you to connect any sub-tasks to parents. That would be nearly impossible without the IDs. I don't believe that is going to change anytime soon. 

Suggest an answer