How can we identify inactive JIRA Agile Boards

I need to identify all unused/inactive JIRA Agile boards as sometimes Manage Boards page is taking more than 30 seconds and leading to timeout.

I would like to remove all unused boards instead of changing timeout value.

Any better suggestions are always appreciated.....

2 answers

I'm also waiting for some info. Can someone from Atlassian provide answer to this question?

If you have scrum boards then you can go in and check the sprint dates for the current/last sprint. If a project is inactive then it is highly likely that sprints have not been planned in the recent few months.

If it is a kanban board, then you may want to run the created/resolved chart for the filter/project in that kanban board and see. Again, if the project is inactive then not many new issues would had been created inrecent past.

This is a very subjective issue as the definition of inactive can vary from 3 months to 3 years. So, it is unlikely that you may get an automated solution to identify this . This process is best investigated manually one byone.

Rahul

I like this solution. I started cleaning up my company's Jira Board mess using your suggestions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,193 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot