How can we edit the permissions assigned by user role in Jira?

Krishantha April 18, 2023

How can we edit the permissions assigned by user role in Jira?

I only see description of the role, but no way of updating/changing what permissions each role is permitted to have. At the moment a member can change themselves to provide themselves with project admin rights, shouldn't be happening.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Krishantha 

is this a company managed project or team managed project? To change permissions for a company manager project for project rolls, do you need to edit the permissions scheme.

Changing the administer project permissions for the project roles should clarify things.

Krishantha April 18, 2023

@John Funk we use company managed projects primarily. I will have a look at the administer project permissions Thank you

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hi @Krishantha 

Go to project > project settings > access and then manage roles. Front there you should be able to adjust them accordingly. Of course the above is for team managed project, which I assume you are

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events