How can we create JIRA ticket automatically using webhook in Integration with Git hub?

Radha Krishan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2018

How can we create JIRA ticket automatically using webhook in Integration with Git hub?

1 answer

1 vote
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Hi Radha,

Honestly there are not many options to accomplish it because this use case is not really common, since users generally prefer to keep tracking of issues on either JIRA or on GitHub. I've done a search on our plugins Marketplace and have not been able to find any add-on that would help on this, however by going through a thread here at Atlassian Community I was able to find a project on GitHub that offers an option to sync issues from one application to the other:

Another alternative, which could require some development efforts, is upon creating a custom tool to interpret the webhook postback and call the Jira API after that.

Hope this info helps!

Regards,
Arthur Gonçalves | Atlassian Support

Jira robot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2020

Is there a way to create a ticket in Jira/ Jira Service Desk from an incomming webhook or something like that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events