How can i split Jira servicedesk from Jira Software on server

Atlassian B2X May 28, 2021

Hello Team,

I have Jira Software & servicedesk in one ubuntu server, And same RDS DB, Now i need to move jira servicedesk new server. (Reason is Jira Software & servicedesk have different tires)

How can i take it out from one server to another server?

Thanks in Advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

The most simple way to do this is:

Backup your current server (database and attachments), build a new service on the target server, restore the backup into that.

Now you have two separate systems, so choose which one is going to be which and, 

• on the Software service, delete all the service desk projects, then remove the service desk application
  • on the Service Desk service, delete all the software projects, then remove the Software application

I'd question why you want to do this though, as you'll lose some functionality between the two services, the convenience of having them in one place and have to pay a lot more for licences (assuming you've got users who need to use both).   (I don't understand what "they have different tires" means by the way - tires is a verb meaning "wear out")

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Hey @Atlassian B2X ,

I think your easiest solution would be to restore the database to another one and just remove all the items from JSD or JSW from the other one.

You could play with a blank setup and use some apps to transfer over projects but as you only require either one on a single server, I think just setting up a duplicate server and removing the unneeded information from the other one is the easiest.

Just make sure your licenses are also correct across both instances :) (including apps)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events