How can i know who are the users\dashboards working with a gadget

Shirley Cohen January 21, 2021

I need to identify which users or more correctly dashboards are using specific gadgets in my jira instance,

These gadgets are coming from an external Jira i have a subscription to, and i want to identify all places such gadgets are being used

here is an example:

text external.png

Is there a way to achieve this?

2 answers

1 vote
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hello!

On Server/DC you may try checking portalpage and portletconfiguration tables. Look at the gadget_xml value for one of your known dashboard to see how it looks like for a given gadget.

You could run this to see what these tables have to offer:

select * from portalpage pg
join portletconfiguration pc on pg.id=pc.portalpage;

For example, "Custom Content for Jira" plugin will have "customcontent" on it so we could run:

select pg.pagename,pg.username,pg.id,count(*) from portletconfiguration pc
join portalpage pg on pg.id=pc.portalpage
where gadget_xml like ('%customcontent%') group by pg.pagename,pg.username,pg.id;

Which would give you the dashboards using it.

Cheers,
Filipi Lima

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Shirley Cohen 

When I saw your question, I wondered this also for our cloud instance.  After looking around I could find no way to do this with admin functions, the REST API, or marketplace add-ons.  Maybe a vendor will speak up if they have a tool for purchase.  Until then...

For your server instance, there might be a database table you can query.  You may want to repost this question in the developer community to see if someone can help:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer