How can i Change my server Server ID

Ravinderpal Singh February 2, 2021

I Setup My 3 Server's (Jira Software (Server) v8.13.3, Confluence (Server) v7.4.6, Bitbucket (Server) v7.10.0 ) with  psql Database (PostgreSQL) v12.5 (Ubuntu 12.5-0ubuntu0.20.04.1)   on Ubuntu Server. But now in Jira Software  i am getting error "https://prnt.sc/y11mwn

How can i resolve this issue ?

or

How can i change my Server id  with new one, So i can setup these Jira Software Server  on  Ubuntu Server and revoke  the older Server id ?

Thanks,

Ravinderpal Singh

Emailid:- ravinder@callanswering.com

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Moschitta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

did you try to upgrade postsql? 

Michael Moschitta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021
Ravinderpal Singh February 2, 2021

i am using currently v12.5  psql  on  ubuntu server.  But I need to know how can i downgrade to psql v11 without losing  license key.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html 

Michael Moschitta
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Hi, not sure but found this... can you upgrade to higher level?

http://www.goldstarsoftware.com/papers/EnteringYourPervasive10License.pdf

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

Hi @Ravinderpal Singh

the Server ID is stored in the database, next to all other data you have in Jira - it will not get lost. You do not need to revoke it either.

The main problem is the message that your database is not supported - this is apparently because Jira 8.13 lists PostgreSQL 11 as the highest supported version number.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html

You stated - you installed PostgreSQL v12.5

In case things run fine you probably not need to downgrade PostgreSQL - which will not harm your Server ID but other errors could occur while downgrading (to the database itself rather).

Regards,
Daniel

Michael Moschitta
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

Awesome...

Ravinderpal Singh February 3, 2021

If i create a new GCP Server & Setup PostgreSQL 11 on it & also Setup Jira Software server on this fresh GCP Server but i do not want to lose my existing License Key.
And if i want to Downgrade then how can i do on existing Server without losing my License Key.

Note:- Actually I  am facing this issue in my fresh production server and there is no user right now please refer screen short link for the PostgreSQL  error. "https://prnt.sc/y5n7yy "

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

You're licence key will not be lost. Either you restore from a backup - then it is contained in database or you do a complete fresh install. Then you can apply it during first setup.

As for downgrades: Jira does not allow that kind of downgrades - likely you will damage your installation. The specific PostgreSQL version could probably be downgraded but then will not "lose" your license in any way.

But that being said - just it is possible it is not suggested, unless (of course) you'd be running into specific problems that you need to fix now.

If i remove the older Server and not taking any backup. And  do all setup on fresh server then how can i use my exiting license key.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

This is simple as taking the key from my.atlassian.com and copy&paste it into the Wizard which pops up during installation.

Previously i added the Server ID and Generate  the License Key  in my.atlassian.com A/c.  & do we need to do same it again ?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

Like said before, in case of a new installation yes (unless you have the license saved in a file or so and can put it back from there) - in case of a restore it will already be contained in the dump (the one you are going to restore to database).

Suggest an answer