How can filter on a group of fields on a story issue type but have it applied across multiple epics

Chris Mansbridge May 24, 2021

I am looking to build a query whereby the epics are grouped by expected due date and within those epics, the stories can be filtered by priority (must have, should have, could have).

In effect, I am looking to expand the basic road map functionality where I can see epics and linked issues within an epic that line up with the expected release windows i.e. due dates. But I have the requirement to filter this view further by looking within a group of epics to see what stories have a specific priority.

Example: for the June release, I want to see all the stories that are 'Must have' priority across all the epics expected by 18/06/2021

I believe I have the first part where by I see my epics by due dates:

project = "project" AND issuetype = Epic AND "Phase[Dropdown]" is EMPTY AND duedate >= "2021/06/01" AND duedate <= "2021/06/30"

and a rough start on the second where within an epic I can filter by priority:

"Epic Link" = CC-12345 AND issuetype = Story AND "MoSCoW Priority[Dropdown]" = MH

But my problem is running the two as a single action. I could manually include all the epics in the "Epic Link" callout in the second query but very much looking to improve/automate where possible.

I have come across references for issueFunctions etc but believe I may be limited by my org subscription. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2021

Hello Chris!

From what you're asking, and previous questions within the Community I don't believe you'll be able to accomplish this in a single action without the addition of an app. Here are related posts that are attempting to pursue the same action as you:

JQL to show EPICS for the given keys and its stories and subtasks in Jira cloud 

JQL Query to show all Epics and Stories in a Release 

From your question above it seems as though you've already run across these threads.

The Atlassian marketplace would be where you could explore options: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ 

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer