How can I view all open sprints across all projects?

Tammy Beachem September 11, 2017

I am a product manager, and it would be great to create a filter to view all open sprints across all projects.  Is this a possibility?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2017

The answer depends on what you want to see and do w/ this "view". Personally, as a product manager you might want to create an 'all sprints dashboard' and place the various gadgets that exist for sprints, e.g. burndown, health, filtered list, etc.

I would just like to see the current open sprints so I can follow up with the teams. This would prevent one from slipping through the cracks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2017

if the dashboard doesn't meet your needs and you prefer a kanban/scrum board you could create a filter and then create you own board as follows:

1. Create and save a filter for all open sprints - sprint in openSprints(). if you need/want to limit to certain projects then add a "projects in (a,b,c...)" to the query.
  2. Create a scrum or kanban board using the filter - Boards>view all boards>create board> using existing filter and enter your filter.
  3. Customize the board to meet your needs. I would create swimlanes by project personally, but it depends on what works for you.

If this still doesn't answer your needs let me know what is missing. If it works please click the checkmark beside the answer so that others can quickly find.

Like # people like this

I'll try this out.  Thanks Jack!! I appreciate it!  

Suggest an answer