How can I trigger Slack and Email notification at a certain point?

Phil August 8, 2019

I'd like to setup notification to go out via the Slack bot as well as email whenever there is an unassigned issue staying unassigned for too long. Alternatively to send out a recurring report with the current issues which are unassigned. 

Is this possible with next-gen? If not - how would you go about and working this around at the moment? Any creative ideas welcome.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user August 8, 2019

Hi Phil,

The Report part is easy (kinda). We use an Aging Report to track our unresolved defects. By placing this in Confluence we can show those created this week, 30 days, 90 days, etc... As separate tables as each uses a different JQL

Setup a JQL something like this:

project = "Defects" AND created >= startOfWeek(-4) and created < endOfWeek(-1) AND status in (Created, Review, "To Do") 

Obviously there are a number of different approaches, but you can save the query, schedule it and subscribe people to it (including slack channels).

If you need more info, let me know.

Phil August 8, 2019

Thanks for the reply!

Are you referring to reports in next-gen projects? I only seem to have Burnup and Velocity reports available. 

Deleted user August 8, 2019
Like Phil likes this
Phil August 9, 2019

Great stuff Tom. I will try this out. If you don't hear from me on this topic again consider this a humble thank you in advance for a working solution. 

Suggest an answer