How can I to copy settings from project A to already existing project B? Jira Software Cloud

Makhorin Pavlo August 16, 2022

Hi Atlassian Team! 

Could you please assist me with this question? 

My client created and has been working with project A, however, they were not satisfied with the settings they were having there. As a Jira expert, I created project B and set up for them all the workflows, customer portal, screens, automation rules, etc. After my presentation of project B, they requested me to transfer all these settings to project A. 

There are a lot of guides on how to copy settings to a new project using the template of the previous one, however, in my situation, I'm copying it to the already existing project. 

Is there an easy way to do this somewhere in the options of the project? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

You mention portals, so I assume both projects are Jira Service Management projects, and hence "company managed projects".

CMPs have most of their configuration done with "schemes", which are globally defined objects that projects can share.

If you go into configure project B, work your way through all the schemes (workflow scheme, issue type scheme, notification scheme, field schemes etc) and use the "use a different scheme" for each one.  Choose the scheme project A is using, and this will make B work like A.

Portals and automation are not scheme controlled, so you'll have to configure them by hand.  (Make sure you do the portal after you've changed the schemes, otherwise you may find some things can't be configured to match A)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events