How can I sync issue between different project

dnzhu June 22, 2021

I have Jira project A works for requirement analysis and split to Story. Project B and C for two deliver team works on story development.

So how can I sync the story card in Project A to Project B&C?

Many thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gowtam Kamath June 22, 2021

@dnzhu ,

Option 1)

Created Project A with 'Epics' (1 Epic each for 1 Requirement Spec)

Create User stories in Project B and C and link them to the common Epic in Project A.

Pros: Helps you track a common Roadmap with leadership team + let's Eng team from B and C focus on their work

Cons: Assigning issues to Epic this way is a pain. You can't use inline issue creation for an Epic that people love

Option 2)

Create Project A with 'Initiaitives' (1 Initiative each for 1 Req spec)

Create Epics and User stories within them in Project B and C. Link the initiatives as the Parent LInk for the Epics.

Cons: Needs some learning curve as 'Initiative' is not a standard issue type shipped by Jira

Thanks,

@Gowtam Kamath 

dnzhu June 23, 2021

Thank you Gowtam, it's very helpful

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Hi @dnzhu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

One way of doing it is to use components, for example project B and project C. You can then set up the boards in project B & C to look for those components in project A. Once your requirement analysis in project A is done and ready to split it into stories just add the corresponding component for the team that should work on it.

Another option if you want to have the stories created in either project B or C and not in project A would be to use automation to create the stories. Once the requirement analysis is done, add the component and set your automation to trigger on when that happen to create the story in either project B or C.

dnzhu June 23, 2021

Thank you for you fast answer Mikael, I will try it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events