How can I stop automation Internal notes from appearing in an issue?

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2024

I created an automation that transitioned an issue twice, and found that two Internal notes were automatically added to the issue.  One of the notes is below.  How can I stop this?

Automation for Jira
5 minutes ago

Internal note

A Jira member has transitioned the STATUS of this Issue to a NEW VALUE. Please confirm that the status is correct based on the progress of this work.

To Do = Work has been identified
Blocked = Work requires support to progress
In Progress = Work has begun

Edit

Delete

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2024

Hello @Phil Bustin 

If the creation of that Comment is not part of the rule you created, then there is another Rule being triggered by your transition rule, and that other rule is adding the comment.

If that is the case, then the rule adding the comment has been set on its Rule Details page so that the box for "Check to allow..." has been checked.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 11.48.27 AM.png

You can uncheck that box, but then no other Automation Rule executions will cause the Comment rule to execute. That might be an undesirable side effect.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events