How can I setup up customized filters on Company managed project scrum/kanban board?

Amirhossein fathollahi madani December 30, 2021

Hi,

I have already set up some filters for issue types on the dev team scrum board( user stories, bugs, etc) but aren't functioning as expected, when selecting multiple issue types at a time, the filter works the way I can't see all selected issue types altogether, and I need to deselect one and select each filter individually. ( I can't see user stories and bugs at the same time on my board )

I am also looking for a way to access epics in a searchable drop-down to be able to select multiple epics at a time.

I would appreciate your help and guidance! 

Regards,

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

May we assume you are talking about quick filters here?

If so, then it sounds like it is working as expected, but your queries are not doing what you expect them to do.

A quick filter is way to drill-down into a board.  It removes the view of anything on the board that does not match the filter.

If, for example, you have a simple board that says "project = xyz", then using a quick filter for "issuetype = story" will hide all the issues that are not stories.  Similarly, the filter "issuetype = bug" will hide all the issues that are not bugs.  You can see that using both at the same time will empty your board.

It sounds to me like you probably want a different quick-filter - try "issuetype in (story, bug)" - that will hide all but the two types you say you'd like to see.

Daniel Loewenstein May 26, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I came across this thread and it seemed related to an issue I was looking into.

In a team-managed project, it is possibly to have multi-select dropdown filters on your backlog and Kanban boards:

image.png

It seem like this is not currently possible in community-managed projects. Is that true?

If so, do you have any ideas if there's an existing request to Atlassian to have this feature added into company-managed projects?

Like mps likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Correct, the CMPs don't yet work that way.  I'm sure I've seen the request for it.

Daniel Loewenstein May 26, 2022

Would love to upvote/follow the request so if you come across it, please add to this discussion forum thread. Thanks!

Like Annick Verschooren likes this
Annick Verschooren June 20, 2022

Indeed, would be big added value to have multi-select dropdown filters (We would like to use them to filter on Epics)

mps July 4, 2022

The feature that @Daniel Loewenstein  suggested would be great to have

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events