How can I send private messages to Slack when someone is tagged in a comment?

Kimmy Roberts August 26, 2019

If possible, I would like my team to receive private messages to them directly on Slack whenever they are tagged in a comment on any Jira issue within the project.

Is this possible to do on Jira Cloud via the current integration or through a plugin?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2019

Hey Kimmy,

Thanks for checking in! It's not currently available in the Jira for Slack app, but we do have an open feature request for this specific need: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-80 .

Our team is regularly prioritizing feature requests and working on improving the Jira for Slack experience. Take a look at the linked Jira issue and be sure to vote for it.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Following would be the JQL to filter out mentions in description or comments

description ~ "username" or comment ~ "username" 

When it comes to integrating this to slack in JIRA, users should probably add their own integration because even as a admin you might not be able to browse their dm in jira

Suggest an answer