How can I send an email with child's values but only if its parent meets a specific condition?

Giorgos Antonopoulos October 3, 2022

Hello everyone, 

I am trying to send an email every time a child issue (sub-task) gets transitioned to a certain status (PROCESSED).

My problem is that while I want to include only the child's information like summary, URL etc. (through smart values) it sends the ones from its Parent.

Here's what I've tried (with a lot of other versions):

Screenshot_1.png

If I try to add the "Then: Send email" outside the brunch, then this automation is valid for all the available stories not just for those with summary = "Reviewing Proposed Matches".

What I need is:

• Sub-task get transitioned to "PROCESSED"
  • If its Parent summary = 'Reviewing Proposed Matches'
    • then send an email containing sub-task's summary, fields, url, etc

Can anyone help me?

1 answer

0 votes
Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

After you have identified all issues where the summary contains "reviewing proposed matches" add in

"Branch rule/related issues:

type of related issues (Sub-tasks)

Then:  Send email

So add in the additional condition that then looks for the subtasks themselves, and send an email from that query, rather than from the parent. 

Does that help?

Giorgos Antonopoulos October 3, 2022

Screenshot_3.png

I'm afraid not! It seems that I can't nest another branch rule inside the first one.. 

Giorgos Antonopoulos October 4, 2022

Any other feedback? Nothing seems to work..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events