How can I send a list of Done items in a sprint directly to a Slack channel?

morgan.garritson May 5, 2021

When I close a sprint, I want to send the list of Done items from the sprint directly to a Slack channel. Currently I have it set up to send an email but the email in Slack is really clunky to view. I want to send a list of items, which I have created a filter for, directly to the sales team via Slack when a sprint is closed, or at least ad hoc. Here's my filter: 

project = PER AND status in ("Eng - Closed", "Eng - Done") AND Sprint in (79)

I have a Slack channel reserved just just to receive this list.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

You can accomplish this through automation. If you use a scheduled automation with your JQL statement and smart values in the body of the message. 

See the solution mentioned by Atlassian here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Sending-an-email-with-a-list-of-issues-using-Automation-for-Jira/qaq-p/1192501#M80697

morgan.garritson May 10, 2021

Thanks, Josh. I've messed with the automation and come up with a semi-automated solution for my use case. The email I do get, but I have to manually forward to the Slack channel. It's not perfect, but it does the trick.

Thanks, though!

Suggest an answer