How can I see deleted comments in Jira Environment?

Shilpi Saxena September 16, 2022

Hi Team,

I have one question- If a tester in my team has deleted some comments and as a admin I want to see what is deleted so is there any option to see it?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Shilpi Saxena ,

ufortunately delete items cannot be viewed. Issues, comments and so on are completely deleted from db.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your revert. It means there is no way to restore and see the comments.

Shilpi

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Shilpi Saxena ,

I confirm that there is no way to do that.

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Thanks for the update

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

you're welcome @Shilpi Saxena 

Jahir H. April 13, 2023

@Shilpi Saxena : You should be able to see the deleted comment on History tab under Activity. 

0 votes
Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2022

If you are using Jira Cloud, Rewind allows you to view and restore deleted Issues, including their Comments: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226389/

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

Hi @Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_ ,

I think that it works for items deleted after the app installation and not for data deleted in the past.

Fabio

Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2022

Yes, that's correct, thanks for clarifying

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

No problem @Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_ . it was just to clarify that @Shilpi Saxena can't recovery deleted items.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events