How can I see XRay "Requirement Status" for Stories on the JIRA Board?

mvmtori January 13, 2023

Hi,

We are unable to see XRay status for Stories and Test Plans progress in our JIRA project board.

We are using Kanban Board but even trying with a Scrum Board, I am unable to see those fields shown on the board at a 1st glance (indicated with the numbers in a red bubble) as they are displayed in the screenshot below:Xray Test Management App - Quick demo - YouTube.pngThis picture was taken from the Xray Test Management App - Quick demo, which it is published in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Can you please advise whether we are missing something in the configuration?

Thank you!

Victoria.

1 answer

0 votes
bduncan January 13, 2023

You can configure cards on a board to display up to three additional fields. The fields can be different for the Backlog and Active sprints, if you are using a Scrum board.

To add fields to cards:

1. If not already there, navigate to your company-managed project.
  2. Select Active sprints (if you use a Scrum board) or Kanban board (if you use a Kanban board).
  3. Select More > Board settings.
  4. Select Card layout.
  5. Add or delete fields as desired.

Jira Software Cloud - Customize cards

mvmtori January 13, 2023

Hi Bruce @bduncan ,

I already tried that but I was unable to recognize XRay custom fields and more specifically the one that should show the status for a Story as "NOK", "OK", "NOTRUN" or "UNCOVERED".

Am I missing something else?

Thanks

mvmtori March 29, 2023

Hi Bruce @Bruce Duncan,

According to my recent findings, this Story status or "flag" used by Xray is called "Requirement Status" and can be added to the card configuration of the board:

2023-03-29 10_10_25-Test Plans Metrics - Jira — Mozilla Firefox.png

I was unable to add it by using the board configuration settings because this "Requirement Status" field wasn't listed in the list of issue fields.

Do you happen to know if this something that must be configured in order to retrieve this specific Xray field?

Thanks in advance.

Victoria

Like Arvinder Singh likes this
Arvinder Singh April 15, 2023

I am facing the same issue, even after mapping the Story as "Coverable Issue Types" in the project setting and cannot find the option "Requirement Status" in the board settings -> card layout.

Please help.

Like Hamm_eu likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events