How can I read addon fields via the Jira API

Uri Shalit January 14, 2021

Hey there,

We have the salesforce addon in our Jira Cloud, and we are trying to get an issue's salesforce link if exists via the rest API (we are using Python Sdk.

Of course we can call the API directly if need be. Is there an API call that will give me the addon fields?

Thanks ahead,

Uri

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Uri Shalit ,

which application exactly have you installed - is it this one?

Do you know how exactly is the URL stored? If the native URL custom field is used, it should be available.

Uri Shalit January 14, 2021

Yes it is that application.

I am not sure what you mean by how exactly is the url stored? Is it a configuration in the app? 

It is not in any of the custom fields I get in the API, furthermore it is not part present in the custom fields in the admin.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Uri Shalit ,

these sort of applications usually have some global configuration and then some information stored for each issue. Sometimes these applications use Jira's native custom fields for storing information to issues (then their values could be obtain via Jira's REST API) and sometimes not, which means application needs to provide it's own REST API to be able to get to those data.

I wasn't able to find anything about REST API in the application's documentation, so I think it is not possible to get the link you want.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events