How can I put a Validator on a Transition that only allows a certain access group or project role?

Eric Roetenberg December 22, 2021

Hello

How can I put a Validator on a Transition that only allows a certain access group or project role?

Grtz  Eric

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

I think what you may want is to use a condition rather than a validator. You can use a condition to allow only members of a group or role transition an issue. 

Eric Roetenberg December 22, 2021

Hi Jack

I would have done this otherwise but I don't see a Condition option in the first step <<create>>.  What can I do about it 

geen condition.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Ah, you wish to restrict who can Create issues? You can’t have Conditions on Create. You can restrict who can create issue via project settings > permissions > create issues.

Luis Gois March 16, 2022

What about if the issue creation depends on role *and* issue type? i.e. Requirement issues can only be created by users in role Owners, but stories can be created by users in role Developers

Like Kevin Paugam likes this
Kevin Paugam February 2, 2024

I have exactly the same need. Any suggestion?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events