How can I populate an empty custom field after Issue Creation

Avi Feldblum April 19, 2024

Hi, I have a custom screen for a custom Issue type with several Custom Fields. This for collecting new Feature requests, so I have two fields. One is the date the requester would like to have the feature, so they will fill that in at Issue creation. The second is the estimated date from the development team, so I want to be able to fill that in later in the workflow. But as the field is empty on issue creation, I can not see that field later for the developer to fill in.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi Avi,

You can put the first field on the Create and Edit Screens and the second field on the Edit Screen. 

0 votes
Steve_G April 19, 2024

Hi @Avi Feldblum - You might want to check the Issue's configuration to make sure the custom field is not hidden or hidden when empty. If so, you can drag that field into the appropriate section.

The Issue's configuration can be accessed when viewing the Issue details and clicking on the gear icon in the bottom right-hand corner.  

Suggest an answer