How can I modify the issues page so that subtasks appear with a date?

Shane Flanagan April 2, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to display the due date of an issues subtasks in the menu of the main issue. For clarity, here is an example of what I would like:

Say we have issue_1 with the subtasks subtask_2 and subtask_3. I would like to be able to click on issue_1 and see the due dates of subtask_2 and subtask_3 in the list view of all subtasks. This would allow me to see all due dates of subtasks without having to click on each one individually. 

I have researched the topic and have read numerous outdated articles but nothing seems to fit this specific situation. I have tried editing the jira.table.cols.subtasks under system > advanced settings where I added duedate but nothing seemed to change.

For clarity, I have attached a screenshot to simplify what I am looking for.

Capture.PNG

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shane

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Shane Flanagan 

This isn't really possible in Jira Cloud.

It used to work by modifying the jira.table.cols.subtasks option in Advanced Settings - click here to see how - but that only works in the old issue view (which as of 31/03/2021, can no longer be your default view).

There is a suggestion to bring it the new issue view, see JRACLOUD-70206.

You can still temporarily see it working using this option to click-through to the old view, but it's not ideal as you'd need to do it every time you open an issue.

Ste

0 votes
Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 22, 2021

Do you think of something like this:

screenshot-aptis.atlassian.net-2021.11.22-17_13_29.png

0 votes
Nate Moseley November 19, 2021

I might as well contribute the solution to this problem that I've developed. I'm not on Jira Cloud, so the parameters might be slightly different, but I would think this should work on any instance type. I've developed a number of custom JavaScript solutions, which I inject via the Announcement Banner HTML. From some googling, this looks to maybe be only partially available or otherwise hamstrung on Cloud instances, so YMMV. You might have to add this to one of the Jira page template files instead, if that's even possible on Cloud. I've also tried to avoid some of the more modern JS conventions in an effort to make it as cross-browser compatible as possible... but who knows. IE not guaranteed/not supported in newer Atlassian products anyway.

// Add in project keys for which this customization is enabled
var enabledForProjectKeys = ['ABC','DEFG','FOO','BAR'];
var customizationEnabled = () => enabledForProjectKeys.some((key) => JIRA?.Issue?.getIssueKey()?.startsWith(key+"-"));
// Uncomment this line and comment previous line to enable for all projects
//var customizationEnabled = () => true;
// Add the ID of your custom field / builtin field here
var cfID = "duedate"
//var cfID = "customfield_12345";

function showCFOnSubtaskList(context) {
if (customizationEnabled()) context.find('#issuetable tr').each(function(){
var row = AJS.$(this);
var issueKey = row.attr('data-issuekey');
AJS.$.getJSON(AJS.contextPath() + '/rest/api/latest/issue/' + issueKey, function(data){
// console.log('Got data for - ' + issueKey);
var cfData = data.fields[cfID] || "";
  // You can style the added element with class / style inline if desired
AJS.$(row).find('td.issuetype').before('<td class=""><span class="">' + cfData + '</span></td>');
});
});
}

[JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, JIRA.Events.NEW_PAGE_ADDED].forEach((event) => JIRA.bind(event, function(e, context, reason) {
if (reason === "panelRefreshed" && context.is("#view-subtasks")) showCFOnSubtaskList(context);
}));

The same logic can be used to hook/modify issue displays for various other things, like the links table (#linkingmodule), issues in epics (#greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel), instead of the subtasks panel (#view-subtasks). I've also hooked/modified non-issue panels such as #datesmodule for client-side modification.

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hi in this link you have the section How to choose which sub-task fields display on parent issues with the Following indications:

You can define which sub-task issue fields are displayed in the sub-tasks section of a parent issue.

1. Choose  > System
  2. Click General configuration > Advanced settings.
  3. For the jira.table.cols.subtasks property key, edit the field values. Note that the summary field is a mandatory value and that fields will appear on parent issues in the same order you list them. Please refer to API documentation - Constant Field Values  to see all constant field options.
  4. Click Update.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events