How can I measure SLA in Jira product discovery ?

Amnon Even Zohar April 16, 2023

If I want to be able to filter or get notifications if an idea that was submitted and wasn't addressed after 7 days - How can I do it?

4 answers

2 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2023

Hi @Amnon Even Zohar 

The built-in SLA is only in JSM, but not for Jira product discovery. You can only use third-party add-ons at the Atlassian Marketplace to control SLA and add automation.

I suggest you try the SLA Time and Report for Jira app (developed by our team). You will be able to create SLAs by notifying users and another automation there. You only need to convert the 7 days to hours time format according to your working schedule. For example, with the 24/7 calendar, you should set 168 hours (24*7) SLA time goal as a trigger for notification.

0_2023-04-30_8-19-04.png

Use the 30-day trial to try the add-on by yourself.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Amnon Even Zohar 

What do you mean by "submitted" and "wasn't addressed after 7 days"? 

Do you mean was created more than 7 days ago and not completed to Done?  If so, you could try a simple JQL filter:

project = myJPDProjectName AND created <= -7d AND statusCategory != Done

Please confirm this works as you expect, as Ideas in JPD often add lots of custom fields and so Status may not indicate what you want.

Kind regards,
Bill

Amnon Even Zohar April 20, 2023

@Bill Sheboy My intent is to track and enforce a process. As part of the it, ideas must be answered and changed status within 7 days.

I want to be able to track those that are not.

Where can I run this JQL in product discovery?  I dont see any place I can enter it. 

Can you elaborate, pls?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2023

Ideas in JPD are just issues, and so I ran that query in Advanced Issue Search, not in JPD.

0 votes
Amnon Even Zohar April 17, 2023

Thanks but I'm looking for this functionalitly specifically in 'Jira product discovery; product.

Looking in project setting, I dont see any SLA place to configure.

Is it supported? Should I see it?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

SLA is a feature of JIRA Service Management module and it is not available for JIRA Software.

Ben Krichko October 6, 2023

I'm following along with @Amnon Even Zohar 

Without the use of an add-in, how can we create an SLA in JPD? My intent is to have an automation kick off to key stakeholders if an Idea remains in a certain status for X amount of time.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

Hi @Ben Krichko 

Have you tried to create an automation rule in your JPD project for that?  It could use a Scheduled trigger with a JQL query on the Ideas to find the ones you are interested in. 

I just did a quick test and the CHANGED operator does work for JPD idea status values:

project = myJPDProject 
AND statusCategory != Done
AND NOT status CHANGED AFTER -30d

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Ben Krichko likes this
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Amnon Even Zohar and welcome,

you can define your own SLA based that starts from issue creation and end when issue is assigned/transitioned to specific status or something else that match your "issue addressed" event. Moreover, you can define 7d as a goal and associate it to a calendar (24/7 if you want to measure time every hours in every day).

Please check the documentation for SLA management https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-service-level-agreements-slas/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events