How can I make a field allow non-admin users to add new values to the options list?

Jennifer Emmert-Correll November 2, 2017

I thought this was working at some point for all users, but now it only seems to be for admins. 

Specifically, we use the FixVersions field to put in production release dates, which sometimes includes a team name (not always just a date).  

As an admin I can do an in-line edit within create or while in a JIRA to add new values to that field, I want all users to be able to add their releases to that list without needing to give them admin rights. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2017

You need to give them project admin rights, as it's project admins who can maintain the list of versions.

Jennifer Emmert-Correll November 6, 2017

We have hundreds of users and giving Project Admin rights in the past has opened the flood gates for untrained people to modify things they should not... is there any more limited way? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Code.

Add-ons can provide fields with more flexible options, or you can write things that would allow people to add without admin rights.

Suggest an answer