Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I list the difference between the created date and resolution date as days, hours, minutes?

I am creating automation in Jira (cloud) on a company-managed software to find the time to resolution.  I need to list in a field on the issue how long it takes for the issue to go from created to resolved.  The result needs to be listed in Days, Hours, Minutes. 

Here is what I have tried (I can get a total number of hours or a total number of days but not a combination of the 3 that I need).

{{issue.created.diff(issue.resolutiondate).hours}}

I have tried using the following custom field types: Text Field (single line), Date Time Picker, Number Field. 

I read something about prettyPrint will display the difference in words but I can't get it to work. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Heather Thomas 

Welcome to the community.

What have you tried for prettyPrint? From what I've read (I haven't actually tested this), the following should work

{{issue.created.diff(issue.resolutiondate).prettyPrint}}

Thank you. That did work. I was making the mistake of using hours, days, etc with the prettyPrint.  Also, it worked for the custom field type: Text Field (single line)

Hi,

I have also tried this by using the Text field(single line) but it is not working. 

Any suggestion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events