How can I list the difference between the created date and resolution date as days, hours, minutes?

Heather Thomas November 30, 2021

I am creating automation in Jira (cloud) on a company-managed software to find the time to resolution.  I need to list in a field on the issue how long it takes for the issue to go from created to resolved.  The result needs to be listed in Days, Hours, Minutes. 

Here is what I have tried (I can get a total number of hours or a total number of days but not a combination of the 3 that I need).

{{issue.created.diff(issue.resolutiondate).hours}}

I have tried using the following custom field types: Text Field (single line), Date Time Picker, Number Field. 

I read something about prettyPrint will display the difference in words but I can't get it to work. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hello @Heather Thomas 

Welcome to the community.

What have you tried for prettyPrint? From what I've read (I haven't actually tested this), the following should work

{{issue.created.diff(issue.resolutiondate).prettyPrint}}
Heather Thomas December 1, 2021

Thank you. That did work. I was making the mistake of using hours, days, etc with the prettyPrint.  Also, it worked for the custom field type: Text Field (single line)

Ravina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2022

Hi,

I have also tried this by using the Text field(single line) but it is not working. 

Any suggestion.

Suggest an answer