How can I know if users use Classic Boards?

Deleted user August 17, 2015

We want to update JIRA Agile from 6.6 to 6.7 and we would like to estimate the amount of work needed to migrate the Classic Boards to Rapid Boards. Is there a way to list the projects that are using Classic Boards?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Hi Nicolas
I do not think there is any easyway of identifying how many classic boards are there, and most importantly if users are still using those classic ancient boards.

Even if you identify say from the database that there are 1000 classic boards, it is equally possible that none of them are actually being used by the users.

If i were you i would send out a notification to all users asking them to inform if they are using. And if they do then manually migrate those boards over to new boards.

The process to migrate to new boards is given here,
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Migrating+from+Classic+Boards

Pilar

Deleted user August 17, 2015

Thank you for your help. I did exactly what you say, put up an announcement banner and sent emails.

Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

If the answer helped you, please feel free to accept the answer above.

Deleted user August 19, 2015

If I understand correctly, a Classic Board is "made" automatically for each project at its creation and we have no real way to know if they are used or are just sitting there. Is that right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events